Milford Haven RFC | 1st Team 19 - 36 Tumble RFC | 1st Team
Iwan Rhys Morgan
1 Try
Owain Davies
1 Try
Samuel Rhys Jones
1 Try
Steffan Price
3 Conversion
1 Try
Tomos Raymond
2 Try

Match Report
18 August 2018 / Team News

Raymond bags brace on Magpies debut

Tumble made the long trip west to Milford Haven for the first pre-season fixture of 2018-19. With a number of senior players unavailable through injury, work and holiday commitments several players from the youth team squad were drafted in to make their senior debuts. Against a big and aggressive Milford side the Magpies fronted up and scored some cracking tries through enterprising forward and back play. Making senior debuts were 18 year olds Osian Flint, Morgan Davies, Dafydd Griffiths and second row Tom Raymond who marked the occasion with a brace of tries, one in each half. Also showing up well were new prop Emyr Evans and blindside flanker Liam Willard who was playing his first game in 2 years after recovering from injury. 

Tumble took the lead after 7 minutes when a switch in midfield saw Raymond cut inside and sprint 20 metres for his first try. Milford equalised five minutes later with a try of their own before live wire flanker Owain Davies extended the Magpies lead with another try, acting captain Steffan Price added the conversion to make the score 5-12. Influential scrum half Iwan Morgan then added an unconverted try to make the score 5-17 to Tumble before Milford made the score 12-17 at the interval with a try and conversion.

Within five minutes of the restart wing Sam Jones scored a try after a length of the field move which captain Price duly converted. Milford were by no means out of the game and five minutes later scored a converted try which brought them within five points of taking the lead at 19-24. It only took two minutes for captain Price to go over for a try which he converted himself to give the Magpies some breathing space in the scoreline, 19-29. It took a further 20 minutes before the next and ultimately last score of the game came when Raymond powered over for his second try which made the score 19-36 to Tumble. The last 10 minutes of the match became increasing aggressive and this boiled over with a mass brawl on the final whistle which resulted in one of the Milford players receiving a red card. 

The Magpies are back in action on Friday night when they travel to Seven Sisters RFC for their final pre-season warm-up game (kick-off 7.15pm). Come and support the boys.

Ymlaen Y Piod


There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos